Health Safety and Environmental Performance
Health and Safety
At the conclusion of 2015, the company established new “Best Rates Achieved in Woodbridge History” in two of the three measured categories (Frequency, and Severity and Rates) with a slightly higher performance number in Incident Rate versus 2014.
Our HSE Management System is the basis for injury and illness prevention. We have 30 Corporate Standards that drive prevention initiatives, safe and environmentally-responsible work practices and continual improvement in our plants.
Key components are:
- Clearly defined leadership responsibilities
- Accountability through performance measurement and management
- Annual plant internal HSE Management System audits with action plans
- Risk-Scored Corporate HSE Management System Audits of each facility on an annual basis
- Annual objectives and strategies to drive continual improvement
- Weekly and Monthly Plant Safety Talks
- Prevention initiatives to maintain a safe workplace
- Performance measurement of the right key indicators
- Frequent and honest communication